IEEE LANMAN 2021, to be held online on July 12-13th, 2021 is pleased to announce the availability of a limited number of Student Conference Grants to support online participation at the conference. This student conference grant is sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) and covers the full registration fee of the conference.
Applications are invited from qualified full-time students. To qualify, a student must (i) be a current Student Member of ComSoc at the time of application; (ii) be a full-time student registered in a college or university when submitting the application; and (iii) be an author/presenter of an accepted paper, poster, or demo in IEEE LANMAN 2021 (that is applying for reimbursement of the Full Author Conference Registration/IEEE ComSoc Member fee).
Conference registration immediately following receipt of the award is required. The award will be disbursed upon the recipient showing proof of their registration at the conference, and the organizing committee confirming presentation of the student’s paper, poster, or demo.
An applicant for a student conference grant must complete the following online form. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must include:
- A short description by the student on how they will benefit from attending the conference.
- The student’s Curriculum Vitae.
- A letter of support from the student’s academic advisor.
The letter of support should include/confirm the following information:
- Confirmation that the student is a bona fide full-time student in good academic standing at their institution.
- Ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference.
- A summary of the student’s accomplishments.
- A statement as to why the student’s attendance at the conference cannot be supported by alternate funds.
|Application deadline||June 18th, 2021, 23:59 EST|
|Notification Deadline||June 19th, 2021, 23:49 EST|
|Awardee Acceptance Deadline||June 21st, 2021, 23:59 EST|
- How should I submit my CV and Letter of Support?
Both can be uploaded by the applicant, in PDF format, when completing the form.
- What does the grant cover?
The grant covers the Full Author Conference Registration/IEEE ComSoc Member fee.
- Can I apply before I know whether my paper/demo/poster is accepted?
Yes, you are encouraged to apply early. Please make sure to provide a letter of support from your academic advisor.